Predictive prophecy is the seminal proof of the Bible’s divine authorship. It is what infallibly proves that the sixty-six books of the Scriptures are unique from all others. It is what clearly demonstrates that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, written revelation of the mind of God.
In the Psalter alone there is a staggering amount of predictive prophecy about Jesus the Christ. Consider these dozen prophecies:
- His unique nature as divine and human (110:1).
- His deity and Messiahship (45:6-7; cf. Hebrews 1:8-9).
- His zeal for God’s house (69:9).
- His teaching in parables (78:2).\
- His rejection by man and acceptance by God (118:22).
- His betrayal by a close associate (41:9).
- His gruesome death followed by His resurrection (22; 69:21).
- His dying words (22:1; 31:5).
- His death without any broken bones (34:20).
- His heavenly coronation after His ascension (24:7-10).
- His unique role as King-Priest after His ascension (110:4).
- His disbursement of spiritual gifts after His ascension (68:18).
Only God knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10). The Holy Scriptures present clear evidence for the existence of God. God presents clear evidence for the inspiration of the Scriptures. Wise people believe that God is and that He is faithful to His word.
How wise are you?