Jesus’ words of Matthew 6:33 contain three Big O’s—Obligation, Order, and Objects (see yesterday’s post to read more). Forty years ago, an article in the Christian Light gave six great practical applications of this verse. They are:
- Put the word of God above all creeds and doctrines of men.
- Place obedience to God before obedience to men, no matter what the cost may be.
- Put objective faith above subjective feelings and experiences.
- Put the Lord and His cause before making a living.
- Place spiritual things before the pleasures and activities of a secular nature.
- Put the Lord’s church above all human institutions.
Jesus will either have first place in your life or not place at all, so “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.”