Bad eyesight effects your entire physical body.
Bad spiritual eyesight is even more perilous. “if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!” (Matthew 6:23).
Carefully note the following perils of spiritual blindness:
- It caused the Jews to reject their Messiah and His gospel (2 Corinthians 3:14).
- It prevents conversion and healing (John 12:40; Romans 11:7-10; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
- It alienates from the life of God and enslaves with lewdness to work all uncleanness with greed (Ephesians 4:18-19).
- It destroys your sense of direction, making you hopelessly lost (1 John 2:11).
- It creates spiritual amnesia and a lack of diligence in the pursuit of healthy spiritual growth (2 Peter 1:9-10).
- It makes you unable to recognize the wretchedness of being lukewarm, eternally bankrupt, and spiritually naked (Revelation 3:15-18).
Esau, the rich farmer, Demas, and a host of others lived and died with bad spiritual eyesight.
Don’t live or die spiritually blind.