All of life is governed by the law of sowing and reaping.
This is true about plant life (Genesis 1:11-12); it is also true about spiritual life (Galatians 6:7-9).
If you desire to reap a harvest of wisdom, you must sow seeds which will produce it. Proverbs 9:10-12 describes the cultivation of wisdom with these words: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you. If you are wise, you are wise for yourself, and if you scoff, you will bear it alone.”
Note these five facts about the sowing and reaping of wisdom:
- The soil for wisdom is the fear of the Lord.
- The fertilizer for wisdom is the knowledge of the Holy One.
- The harvest of wisdom can be found in an increase of influence and longevity.
- The crop of wisdom is non-transferable. It is your own personal possession.
- Crop failure is solely your fault. If you are a fool, you alone are to blame.
When it comes to wisdom and folly, you will reap what you personally have sown.